Whether you’re a lap swimmer, a family looking for a day of fun in the activity pool or an athlete ready to take a soak in the whirlpool, the new YMCA/Sammamish Community & Aquatic Center has something to offer for everyone.
AQUATIC CENTER HIGHLIGHTS
The new aquatic center in Sammamish will be the largest in the YMCA of Greater Seattle Association.
There are 4 main areas of the new Aquatic Center:
- A 25 Yard, 6 Lane Lap pool
- Activity Pool with splash park features and a 2 story covered water-slide that winds outside of the building
- Whirlpool for soaking and relaxing
- Outdoor Sun Deck to enjoy the beautiful Sammamish views
AQUATIC GROUP EXERCISE CLASS OFFERINGS
The new Y will offer a variety of aquatic fitness classes for all members to enjoy. And the great thing is – group exercise classes are INCLUDED in your monthly membership!
Here is a sample of YMCA aquatic class offerings that you might see at the new Y.
Aerobics & Fitness:
- Aqua Zumba – A safe, challenging, water-based workout that’s cardio-conditioning, body-toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief.
- H2O Fit – Walking, running, jumping and a variety of aerobic movements are performed in the shallow end of the pool to increase heart rate and provide both a cardiovascular and strength training workout.
- Aqua Rehab – Designed for those recovering from an injury or with limited mobility. This class takes a non-impact approach by using water resistant exercises to build strength and increase range of motion and flexibility throughout the body.
- Arthritis & Injury – Designed for those with limited movement. Program consists of mild water exercises emphasizing range of motion and strength.
- Youth Swim Lessons – The Y’s 13 different levels of instruction mean that your child can begin with the most appropriate level of caring instruction. Whether your child is entering the water for the first time or already knows the basics, the Y is the place for you.
- Adult Swim Lessons –Whether you’re just starting out or want to improve your stroke technique, your instructor will focus on your specific goals. Work at your own pace, practice and get individual time with your instructor.
- Private Swim Lessons – Get one-on-one time with an instructor in the water
- Masters Swim – The Masters Swim Program is a FREE opportunity to begin, or continue, your passion of swimming under the guidance of an experienced coach. You will be welcomed into a community of adults (18) in an encouraging team atmosphere. This is a great program for all ability levels; novice, triathletes, and veterans are all welcome.
- Triathlon Training – Special classes designed to help you prepare for your next triathlon
SCHEDULED SWIM TIMES
The new Y will also offer scheduled swim times so that everyone gets a chance to enjoy the pool.
- Sammamish Swim Time – One open community swim time each week for City of Sammamish residents
- PreSchool Pool Play – Non-structured, recreational time for preschool age swimmers and their families to enjoy the pool together. Members are welcome to use the aquatic toys, noodles, and lifejackets.
- Open Swim – Participate in recreational swimming activities
- Water Walking – Non-structured time for water fitness.
- Lap Swim – There will always be at least one lap lane available for lap swimmers to use
- Family Fun Nights – Family can enjoy inflatables, movies in the pool and more! Offered monthly and INCLUDED in your membership.
Whether you bring your family to the pool for just a day or become members and swim in the pool every day – you are sure to have a blast!
We can’t wait to show you your new Y Aquatic Center.
The above mentioned programs are currently offered at other YMCAs in the Seattle area and are an idea of programs that may be offered at the new Y. Program offerings are subject to change based on interest and participation.