Join Sammamish Y members Margie and John Cofano in training as they prepare for Ironman France and complete an Iron Distance Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) — over the course of 2 months.
The Champions Tri Challenge will run April 30- June 30. All fitness levels are welcome! If you are not able to run, bike or swim substitutions will be allowed. Ages 14 and up. Registration begins mid-April. A celebration for all participants will be scheduled in July and all finishers will receive a t-shirt.
Please join John and Margie for either of their Q&A meetings, held from 6:15-7:15 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25th (meeting in the Rotary Room), or May 2nd at the same time (meeting in the Kitchen).
Click here to register and join the challenge.
• The nine-week challenge runs from April 30-June 30
• People can enroll through June 18th to participate
• Ages 14+ are eligible to particpate
• The goal: To accomplish these three separate distances over 9 weeks (substitutions allowed)
• Swim 2.4 miles (86.4 laps – a lap is down and back the length of the pool). Swim substitutions include: water walking or water running (86.4 laps) or 26 laps down the Lazy River. One hour of water exercise class = 1/4 mile
• Bike 112 miles. Bike substitutions include biking outside, in a cycling class or on the fitness floor with a stationary bike, or arm cycling
• Run 26.2 miles. Running substitutions include miles of walking, or using an elliptical, stairmaster, AMT or Nustep for the same amount of mileage (for example, 1,584 steps on the Nustep = 1 mile). Cardio classes such as dancing or step may be substituted as well (60 minutes = 3 miles).
• Download a paper log or an electronic spreadsheet here
• Turn in your completed log to Stephanie Norton-Bredl via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com or physically drop it off at the membership desk.
• All finishers get entered into a drawing for fabulous prizes.
• All finishers will receive a finishers t-shirt.
• Those who double or triple their distances will get entered into a special prize drawing.
Contact Stephanie Norton-Bredl, senior program director for Health and Wellness at the Sammamish Y, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.