Join the Sammamish Y for our second annual Tri Challenge. Complete an Iron Distance Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run), over the course of 2 months. This challenge will run May 3 – July 5. All fitness levels are welcome! If you are not able to run, bike or swim substitutions will be allowed.
Ages 14 and up. Registration begins mid-April. A celebration for all participants will be scheduled in July. Click here to register and join the challenge.
The nine-week challenge runs from May 3-July 5
• People can enroll through June 21st to participate
• Ages 14+ are eligible to participate
• The goal: To accomplish these three separate distances over 9 weeks (substitutions allowed)
• Swim 2.4 miles (86.4 laps – a lap is down and back the length of the pool). Swim substitutions include: water walking or water running (86.4 laps) or 26 laps down the Lazy River. One hour of water exercise class = 1/4 mile
• Bike 112 miles. Bike substitutions include biking outside, in a cycling class or on the fitness floor with a stationary bike, or arm cycling
• Run 26.2 miles. Running substitutions include miles of walking, or using an elliptical, Stairmaster, AMT or Nustep for the same amount of mileage (for example, 1,584 steps on the Nustep = 1 mile). Cardio classes such as dancing or step may be substituted as well (60 minutes = 3 miles).
• Download a paper log or an electronic spreadsheet here
• Turn in your completed log to Tiffany Serell via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or physically drop it off at the membership desk.
• All finishers get entered into a drawing for fabulous prizes.
• Those who double or triple their distances will get entered into a special prize drawing.
Contact Tiffany Serell, director for Health and Wellness at the Sammamish Y, at email@example.com with any questions.