The Sammamish Community YMCA is on the track – to help Eastside Baby Corner (EBC) gather at least 55,000 diapers for local families in need!
Sammy Fammy Y’s ‘Greatheart’ is racing in the 4th Annual EBC Diaper Derby, and we need your help to cross the finish line in first place. This means we need to donate as many diapers as we can gather.
You can help us take home the prize by bringing in packages of new, unopened diapers to the lobby of our Sammamish Community Y between May 4th and June 8th. ** Diapers in the following sizes are especially needed: Newborn, 4, 5 and 6, and also GoodNights overnight diapers. **
Here are a few facts from Eastside Baby Corner:
• 1 in 3 families struggle with diaper need.
• Government safety-net programs don’t recognize diapers as a basic need.
• Most childcare centers require parents to provide disposable diapers.
• Infants require up to 12 diapers each day, at a cost of $80-100 per month, per baby.
• Diaper banks, like Eastside Baby Corner, help meet diaper need by providing diapers to more than 250,000 infants and toddlers each month – and they can’t do it without the help of community members like you!
Thanks for cheering our ‘Greatheart’ on and thanks for your support of all of the local families in need.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Cindy O’Sullivan, assistant program director of volunteering, at 425-391-4840, or email@example.com.